Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions to the transport broker
1. What types of transport can Gelder Logistics provide for me?
Gelder Logistics can provide you with all types of transport:
- Pallet transport all over the world, via road, sea, and air freight.
- Package transport all over the world, via road, sea, and air freight.
- Container transport all over the world, via road, sea, and air freight.
- Special transport including permits all over the world, via road, sea, and air freight.
In short, for any transport, both domestically and internationally, via road, sea, or air, Gelder Logistics will take care of everything for you. This includes administrative processing, including customs documents and permits.
2. How does the quotation process work at Gelder Logistics?
You can send your request via email, the website, WhatsApp, or by phone. Gelder Logistics will process your request as soon as possible. We will immediately look for the best/most affordable/fastest solution for you. You will receive a quotation by email, which you can sign digitally.
Once you have accepted the quotation, you will receive a confirmation and your order will be booked. The carrier will get to work for you! Before you know it, your shipment will be at its destination.
3. Why should I choose Gelder Logistics as a customer?
Gelder Logistics will take care of everything for you for any type of transport, thanks to our large network and extensive knowledge of transport. You can book your order in a snap. By centralizing our purchases, we can always offer competitive rates.
- Extensive network of reliable carriers in the Netherlands and abroad
- Available 24/7 for all your shipments
- Competitive rates through central purchasing
4. Can I have a cup of coffee at Gelder Logistics?
Of course you can. Our coffee is good, you are welcome. If you would prefer an appointment at your location, let us know by email or phone.
5. What is groupage shipment?
Combining multiple smaller shipments is called groupage. For smaller shipments, this is the solution for cost-effective freight transport. When transporting your goods via groupage, Gelder Logistics will combine your smaller shipment with another transport. You will only pay for the transport of your own shipment and not for the use of the entire truck.
6. My shipment via road transport and sea freight. How does it work?
Your shipment overseas will first need to be transported to the port. Road transport and sea freight are typically both required for your transport. With Gelder Logistics, you can entrust the entire logistics process, including arranging the connection and customs documentation, to our transport brokers. You will no longer have to worry about it, as Gelder Logistics will secure the road carrier and the freight by ship at a low rate.
7. My shipment via road transport and air freight. How does the connection work?
Is your shipment being transported by air freight? Road transport is part of the transport, for the transportation of your shipment to the airport. Gelder Logistics will take care of the entire logistics process, and will secure the road carrier and the air transport at a low rate. You will also no longer have to worry about arranging the connection and customs documentation.
8. Does Gelder Logistics also provide regular, recurring transport?
Yes, Gelder Logistics is the transport broker for all your shipments and provides both one-off and regular, recurring transport, such as weekly. And whether it is a small amount of loose goods or FTL (Full Truck Load) shipments, Gelder Logistics will take care of your transport from A to Z. Thanks to our broad, international network, we always offer the ideal solution for your transport.
9. How quickly will my urgent transport be shipped?
At Gelder Logistics, we treat urgent transport with real urgency. We will therefore provide the desired transport at any time, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
10. Who will provide the necessary customs documents?
Gelder Logistics will take care of your entire transport, including all necessary documentation, such as customs documents and permits. We will also ensure that any connections are smoothly connected. You will benefit from our extensive network of reliable carriers in the Netherlands and abroad.
11. What is multimodal transport?
In principle, it is road-rail-road transport: transport of goods by road to the rail. For example, a truck with a container goes from a factory or warehouse to a marshalling yard or transshipment yard. The container is then placed on the train there. Via the train to the next destination. Shipment goes from train to end point via road.